SailNet Community - View Single Post - An Informed Opinion about the Bounty
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: An Informed Opinion about the Bounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
R.C,

No disrespect, So now you get down in the dirt with me and do exactly what I do. PMs still exist and you could have made your points there so obviously you felt some need to publicly state your opinion to try and take me own a peg. You do exactly what you accuse me of Makes you no better than me and me no better than anyone else. Guess you understand now if you can beat them, join them. Directing it to me and singling me out is no different than what I have done. Calling me a hypocrite is no different from what you say I do. Maybe your threshold is higher than mine, but obviously you have one so i see and I appear o have crossed it or tweaked it with you. So how do you handle it. Basically like me. You rush in to post a long wordy diatribe directed at one individual. You can't occupy the high ground if you get down in the trench. I have climbed down on my own free will and decided that my previous approach didn't work so I changed. There are a few posters on here who do exactly the same and i no one stops them. So I see your have now partially joined me, or maybe it is only directed to me and you will climb out of the pit. Either way, your directing at one individual on here is just what you are doing yourself, so I guess hypocrisy rules. I hope you are now taking the banner of fighting hypocracy on Sailnet and will apply to all who post and don't just single me out. Go for it

I respect your opinion in many things technical where you obviously have expertise far more than mine. We have met and I enjoyed our conversation together and hope we get to do it again over drinks or a meal. You have been a great source of informstion . That's earns huge respect from me. Doing what you did just now does not. I assume you have felt the same as you have watched me recently in this thread.

So lets just say you re the better person here, most of the time anyway. I applaud your control. I don't process it maybe, or I don't want to maybe, and maybe in this thread particularly. Doesn't really matter as there are plenty on here who don't and get away with it all the time. You will notice that my behavior/ tone has really mainly been in this thread and does not really carry over to others. Maybe you should ask me why privately. The answer may surprise you.

Suffice it to say that my relationship to the deceased Captain was more than professional.

Dave
Dave,

I only point his out because you have so steadfastly and vociferously stated the opposite of what you are now doing. Everyone is a hypocrite including me, but when you put yourself up on a pedestal and preach it then, well........ Do as I say not as I do generally looks bad, especially when you are the loudest proponent/opponent.

Personally I found you calling Jan a "blowhard" extremely offensive so I finally had to comment. I found that a quick "rush to judgement"...

I still like you buddy but you have to walk what you talk, at some point...

I have no dog in this fight but do have opinions. Having physically walked around that vessel in the shipyard when it was "being fixed" would give you those sorts of opinions. I won't however come into the trenches because it adds nothing...

I just want to see you start to practice more of what you preach. Coming right out of the gate in this thread calling the captain of the Pride of Baltimore a "blowhard" I found utterly reprehensible, especially from YOU, of all people.....

It is hard to hold others to a higher standard that you yourself are willing to live up to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 12-03-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook