SailNet Community - View Single Post - PSC37 Forward Water Tank
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012

MarcHall is on a distinguished road
Re: PSC37 Forward Water Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokesailor View Post
On my Crealock 37 Hull 141 the water tanks are under the port setee and under the quarterberth. What do you have in those locations instead?
On Crazy Fish (Crealock 37, Hull 207) the water tanks are under the quarterberth and up forward under the main berth. Under the main berth there is also an open locker adjacent to the seat and the holding tank adjacent to the head bulkhead. It was an option to use the open locker under the main berth as additional fuel storage.

Under the port setee is storage but I could see how that space could have been used as water storage with no mods to the interior mold.

Leaks in the water tanks are commonly due to the seal between the PVC lid on the built in fiberglass tanks. The inspection port on tanks will also leak at times. I always monitor fhe filling of my tanks when using normal city water via a hose. When the tank is full or close to full I pull the hose. If I let the water continue to run I will get some leakage. The PVC lids leaked from the beginning - I think the switch from plywood lids to PVC lids happen just before Crazy Fish was built. The tank lids were removed and resealed using a process faxed to me by Robin from the Fullerton Pacific Seacraft days.

I am currently having a lot of fun replacing all of the fresh water hose on the boat. The original hose was getting quite sticky to the touch. Had to remove the fuel tank in order to get access to the 4 hoses running from beneath the galley sink forward to the head and the forward water tank.

Regards

Marc Hall
Crazy Fish, Crealock 37, Hull 207 Currently in San Diego

Last edited by MarcHall; 12-03-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook