SailNet Community - View Single Post - An Informed Opinion about the Bounty
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: An Informed Opinion about the Bounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphny View Post
There is a major difference between our "toy boats" and that movie prop/tub: Our toy boats actually SAIL. Mass does not equal quality.
Bounty was a XVIII century ship modified replica and of course it has not as good as a sailing ship as a modern one but that is very different to say that the boat could not sail. That boat had circumnavigated and had not done that on its engines. The first circumnavigation was made by Magalhães/el Cano on the XVI century ship and evidently their Naus could sail and I can tell you that they sailed a lot worse than the Bounty replica.

Regarding the Bounty, it was clearly a toy ship like ours in a sense that did not serve a commercial or otherwise needed function. I guess that what was meant was that we are toy sailors and Captains if compared with professional sailors and Captains and that in a sense is true. Of course there are some that play with their toys better than others as it is also true that most professional sailors and Captains would not know how to play with our toys.

Man, I love toys live without toys would be very boring

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook