SailNet Community - View Single Post - 17' - 25' Swing / Lifting Keel Boat (again)
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012

rlltrash is on a distinguished road
Re: 17' - 25' Swing / Lifting Keel Boat (again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble View Post
Richard,

Can you give some idea about what you are looking for? A race boat, weekender, day sailor, ect.

As well as budget, and towing capability, where you plan on keeping it, ect. There are hundreds of designs that meet the criteria you posted above.
Thank you all for your replies. I am looking for a daysailer, weekender, and occasional club racer (with small "camping" type cabin.) Of course, I would prefer a faster boat to a slower one - but that is not critical. The Catalina 22 has a PHRF rating of about 270. Something faster than that would be nice. The Santana 23D that I mentioned has a PHRF of about 170. A Viper 640 is still faster, but is not comfortable for day sailing.

I will keep the boat in southern California on a trailer. Hopefully, I can find a marina or club with dry, mast up, storage. If not, it will either be in my driveway or a slip somewhere (in ocean waters, not a lake.) I prefer a used boat for < $10K. The J/70 is indeed interesting, but more expensive than I want to go. It looks like an Ultimate 20 or 24. Does anyone know anything about a B-25 or Beneteau First 235 SK? As I said above, I have found the names of some interesting boats but have not been able to find any real live ones to see.

Can you help me?
Richard
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook