SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Some more details about the final days/hours that I haven't seen reported before... Sounds like the engineer Barksdale may not be as inclined to remain as silent as the rest of the crew in the wake of this fiasco.....
Another notable report of Barksdale's feedback:

Quote:
"There wasn't much time left to think about it and Barksdale hesitated for but a moment. If he wanted to go on land, he would have had to go into the cabin immediately to pack his things. The thought of it felt like betraying the crew, which had become like a family to him."
Quote:
"When Barksdale saw the engine room for the first time, before the trip began, he wanted to clean it up, but there was no time for that."
This is the part that has me so pissed off about the Capt's decision to launch. She seems to have suffered as are her parents:

Quote:
"Christian was dead -- her body was found drifting in the water on the same day. She had an injury on her face and a black eye, and there were two liters of water in her lungs"
Quote:
"Claudene shouted, sounding distraught. "I might lose my phone service. We're already out in the water. I got to tell you how much I love you and dad." "Why are you saying it like that?" Gina asked. "I just want you to know," Claudene replied. "We know," answered Gina. "Now hang up," Claudene said. "I'm going to call back, but don't answer it. I'm going to leave you a message."

Gina Christian is holding her iPhone in both hands. She still hasn't listened to it yet."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook