SailNet Community - View Single Post - An Informed Opinion about the Bounty
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012

caberg is on a distinguished road
Re: An Informed Opinion about the Bounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Suffice it to say that my relationship to the deceased Captain and his family was more than professional, circumstantial, and more than just his job as the Captain of the sunk Bounty.

It has been very difficult to watch all this knowing him and his loved ones.
Not easy to hold your tongue and anger as others speculated and took pot shots and ruined him.

He was a gentle man who loved the sea, loved the mystery of the tall ships, loved his family and friends and loved seeing the people's faces who he turned on when the got on board his ship or he told the tall tales lots of captains do.
It might be easier to understand where you're coming from if you made clear your relationship to the captain. It appears now you are a close friend of the captain with intimate knowledge of him and you are reacting out of emotion. Before in the other thread you had only "met" him and he only "seemed" professional and knowledgeable, and you were clear that you were not defending him.

Quote:
One thing I have not posted here which I guess I should. Like wingnwing I have been on the Bounty and met the captain. If someone asked me for a judgement of him, and this is a big time snap judgement, he seemed professional, knowledgeable about his ship, a teacher of others and dedicated to his responsibility for the ship and its crew.
Quote:
While you all are trying to respond to me remember I am not defending the captain or his actions.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook