SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for marine systems training school
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for marine systems training school

Uh... I am not discounting the value of attending an ABYC certified course, but I don't put all my faith behind the ABYC designation.

I had also enrolled in, and attended, a two-day ABYC seminar in Marine Electronics. Come to think of it, I got a certificate too! The course was taught at the Mystic Seaport in CT by a well known and respected person from the ABYC. I honestly feel that I got less from the ABYC seminar than I did from the course that was not certified by the ABYC. (my opinion, based on my experience)...I'm just sayin'...

This is why I honestly believe that the OP would be better off with buying a cheap boat, participating here, and studying the excellent Maine Sail "How To" Articles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Getting back onto the water after undergoing knee surgery.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook