SailNet Community - View Single Post - The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!

Captain Melissa left for Miami a few minutes ago, which is where she is home ported for her job. We had a great time together, and again, I will really miss her charming company and companionship.

Today, like most days here in Marathon, began with a brief rain shower, which, naturally, I enjoyed while motoring back to the boat in the dink. The humidity is somewhat high this time of year, which precludes any hopes of sanding and painting the cockpit and decks, both of which are in need. The engine has to be run daily to keep the batteries charged until the new solar panel arrives, which should be in the next day or two. Probably take a half-day to install and modify the mounting brackets so it will fit where the old one was, but that's part of owning a boat.

The weather should be somewhat less windy and relatively clear tomorrow, which could translate into some good offshore fishing for mahi, snapper and grunts along the outer edge of the reef. Reportedly, there are some king mackerel there as well. I'm looking forward to enjoying some fresh fish for a change.

Cheers,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook