SailNet Community - View Single Post - An Informed Opinion about the Bounty
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: An Informed Opinion about the Bounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post

Very rarely do the individuals who make mistakes have to endure the public ridicule and questioning that Waldbridge has. I know this may anger my friend Minnie, but when a pilot makes an error which brings down a plane ( an it doesnt have to be a large one) I have not seen this kind of continued personal vicious reaction I have seen here. When a train engikneer crashes a train and kills 8...you dont see this. When a honest truck driver making a living doesnt stop and kills a family on an interste, no one is camping at his house or writing about it from across the sea and the country.

The reaction to this man, this quiet honest nice man is WAY disporportionate to what happened. ..
There are mistakes and mistakes. This is not a mistake but an huge error. I am only a toy airplane captain but I have no doubt that if an airplane commercial professional captain would have convinced the crew of his airplane to fly trough an huge storm that he new already that it was on its path when he took off, instead of enduring it on the ground or flying on the opposite direction (saying that it would be safer to do so) and as if consequence the plane was lost as well as lives you bet that on the sites related with flying the outrage would be as big as it is here and on other naval related sites.

That is not a mistake but an huge error that is not acceptable in any professional captain and that puts in question the professionalism of all sea captains.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook