SailNet Community - View Single Post - hints for French Mediterranean?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: hints for French Mediterranean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gikimura View Post
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies!
Our idea is spreading among our friends and we´re currently a group of 9 people coming from Brazil, the US and France. We intend to get together in a week late June for a cruise in a catamaran.

Corse seems to be a unanimity amongst all. We´d like to take advantage of being on a boat and sleeping aboard to explore places you can´t go by car. Anyone who knows the Island of Beauty can reccommend best spots to visit (ex: north or south?)?

Apart from that, I´m looking for a nice place in land, nearby, to take a French course, perhaps a month long. Aix-en-Provence has been reccommended, but I´ll definitely check the spots PCP mentioned.

Salut!
Buy this:

Mediterranean France and Corsica: Amazon.co.uk: Rod Heikell: Books Mediterranean France and Corsica: Amazon.co.uk: Rod Heikell: Books

and you will have a lot of good recommendations.

One week is not much to know Corsica. Recommendations will depend where you are going to charter, I mean the port: 3days in a direction and 3 days back will not give you a big choice. Maybe you can do that for 15 days and in that case the possibilities are bigger.

I will recommend you to charter on Corsica. If you charter on mainland and sail to Corsica you can be surprised by the Mistral on the returning date and can have to face it. A Mistral is no joke and is not very predictable.

Saudações

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook