SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Could be, but the choice of saving the boat, without proper regard for the crew (complacency) is clearly possible in my opinion. The hurricane could have very easily ended up coming straight over any New England port. Most of us took preventative measures with that in mind. The boat could potentially have taken a hit right in New London. It may have been damaged or sunk if taken up the Hudson or Narragansett too.

Given the documented navigation of hurricanes in his past, it remains plausible that he was simply trying to save his ship. In fact, if the ship were destroyed, he would have been out of work.

Not saying I know this fact pattern to be correct, I'm only saying there doesn't have to be more to it.
That is the way it looks to me. That ship was for sale at $4.5 million at the time. They (Capt and Bounty organization) were just trying to keep it a float so it could be sold. Does anyone know what the ship was insured for?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I see no beauty in this "movie" Bounty ship. It was not kept in good condition, it could not sail well, it was not a replica in any way to the original Bounty. Like Hollywood, the ship was a fake.

It should have been burned after the first movie.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook