SailNet Community - View Single Post - An Informed Opinion about the Bounty
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: An Informed Opinion about the Bounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
I was watching this storm and the NOAA predictions and I thought there were WILDLY stupido to say the hurricane would come up over Jamacia, over Cuba, due north over Bahamas then west a bit, then North again, then due east for a moment then curve slowly to hit New York.
I thought they couldn't possible have a prediction five days out like that. BUT THEY WERE RIGHT! NOAA was absolutely SPOT ON from days and days before. No one has given them credit for how accurate they were, remember Jersey Shores invoked a state of emergency three days before it hit.
Actually, NOAA was a bit late coming to that party... The Euro models were the first to forecast that final turn to the left, and it was a few days before most American models eventually came into agreement with that forecast..

U.S. forecast's late arrival stirs weather tempest

Agreed, however, the forecasting of this storm was incredibly accurate in the end... Still, looking at this ensemble of models the day before leaving New London, Walbridge would have to be delusional to think they could "skirt" that storm...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook