SailNet Community - View Single Post - Aftstay and forestay sag
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012

knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about knothead has a spectacular aura about
Re: Aftstay and forestay sag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith25 View Post
Thanks Knothead I'll check to see if my headstay has a turnbuckle. Do I have to get the headsail out of the furler to raise the drum?
I don't know what furler I have of the top my head and I forgot all my manuals on the boat.
I figured it is the headstay that got loose since the foreshrouds are very tight now.
I'll also take your advise and get a rigger to show me since its my first time.
You usually do have to remove the sail to get the drum apart but not always. There are some exceptions. That's why it's important to identify what kind of furler you have.

While a good rigger is always worth his pay, there are lots of very knowledgable fellow sailors around too. Get to know some of the folks at your marina. Especially the ones that sail a lot and have well kept boats. Many folks tune their own rigs and some of them would probably be happy to help you get familiar with yours.
Of course, there is lots of good advice and many knowledgable sailors here on SailNet too.
Post a picture of your furler and it's likely that some here will be able to identify it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook