SailNet Community - View Single Post - Question for experienced boat owners/sailors
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012
Old as Dirt!

svHyLyte is on a distinguished road
Re: question for experienced boat owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtwk View Post
Thank you so much for your reply, I appreciate it. The boat is actually located in San Diego, CA. I know nothing about boats, and unfortunately have no use for it where I live, so must sell it. I will look for someone to check the boat out for me, but was also looking for some general information about it. I am hoping for a boat in good shape, but do you know if these type boats still sell in less than good/bad shape? Or how much they would go for in that instance. Thank you again for your kind words.
The boat being in San Diego is an advantage (vis-a-vis selling) in that Pacific Seacraft are/were built on the west coast and are well known there by the sailing community. The top end for the value of the boat will be about $65,000 less the cost of any deferred maintenance and up-keep and your tolerance/patience for the listing/selling process which will, of course, involve berthing, insuring and maintaining the yacht until she's sold which is/will not be particularly inexpensive. Before going further, however, has the estate been settled and title to the yacht been transferred to you and/or do you have letters testamentary (issued by the Court) giving you authority to take charge of the management and control of the yacht? Absent those--or a conveyance of title to you--you won't be able to do much of anything with the yacht. Then there are steps to take.
"It is not so much for its beauty that the sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook