SailNet Community - View Single Post - Honda Guy Here...
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012

xymotic is on a distinguished road
Re: Honda Guy Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklesR View Post
whoops, posted this is the other thread - here goes again..

What makes the Honda so darn good as opposed to the competition?

I'm in the market for a boat generator, but at 1600 continuous the Honda 2000 is at the low edge of running my A/C - so I'm looking at the Yahama 2800 instead, but stuck on quality of the Honda.
Yeah! I got another bitch Robert! When I first got my boat the 65hp engine was so loud you couldn't hear the person sitting next to you.

I switched it to a Honda 20.

First problem was that the Honda was way lighter, but also faster with more power, your product just makes no sense whatsoever.

But then as if that weren't bad enough one day I got distracted at the boat launch and just drove the 3 blocks home without latching down the back of the boat. When I went back to tie it down I discovered That Damned honda was running the whole time. It's too damned quiet. And it really should have been damaged running for 15 min or so with no cooling. But nothing, nada, not even the impeller broke.

So please get that stuff sorted and then maybe you'll have a competative product to sell.

I'm not buying anymore damned Hondas though because the ones I have won't break. What the hell man!? Don't you want to sell me a new motor?

Last edited by xymotic; 12-04-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook