SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
No it wasn't, actually. It was at a time that Brando was out of control. He later apologized to just about everyone on that film, the other actors, the director and the producers. He was an ass!hole and admitted it. He nearly ran the production company broke and the only way they could finish the film was to agree to his demand and build an 18 foot replica and burn that!

Brando had just been sacked by Stanly Kubrick and caused the dismissal of a great direct on Bounty... Anyway read it here

Marlon Brando - Biography

Mutiny on the Bounty (1962) - Trivia - IMDb

Oh! And here's an interesting bit I must not have read correctly before now....
No doubt there is truth in there. My father was an entertainment industry exec and knows these antics well. I should call him and see if he knows anyone with the real story here. The bad boy figure sells and they are still doing it today, it keeps people paying attention. Absolutely nothing is as it seems or as reported in Hollywood.

His famous line about "the talent", which he would ingrain in any staff new to the industry was "they're not normal and they're not your friend". Routinely, new staff would think they knew the actor(ess) from their work and they seemed so nice, then get their a$$ handed to them by some tyrant in real life.

From first hand experience, I will affirm, what you see on TV or in a movie has absolutely zero correlation to who the actor is as a person. They do know how to act afterall. 10% may actually be nicer, the rest are unstable. Hollywood and PR firms tell whichever story they think they are advantaged by.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook