SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vendee Globe

Quote:
Originally Posted by robelz View Post
And there he is in the 9am ranking, placed 2nd, 12 miles behind the jackal...
Sorry, I was out. And happily François stopped boat was not a problem with him or the boat but only an electronic glitch . I am very happy that it is so.

The race is better than ever and in 24 hours, as I have previewed they will find very difficult conditions and I am not talking about stormy conditions but quite the opposite: almost no wind at that gate.

Vendée Globe 2012-2013 - Tracking

Regarding what I have said last night regarding the two ways to pass that gate (North and South) it is clear know that the best way from the South and the leading trio that was pointing to pass it North (following Armel) are now coming down to pass it from South. of course, this means that the ones that have been pointing South since the beginning had won a lot of miles and they are Stamm and Alex.

Since the moment they were almost all at the same latitude, till choosing the best strategy to pass the next gate and the high pressure center that is over it, Stamm gained to the leader 25.2Nm and Alex 10.8Nm and I bet they are going to continue to win for some more time. Stamm is only at 10kn from the third and it is possible that in 24 hours he can catch Jean-Pierre and overtake him.

That would be great after the problems that had slowed down Stamm. Let's see again those incredible images of him going up that mast, at speed with the boat pounding heavily on waves. I confess that I had never saw that, I mean a guy going up on the mast without slowing down a lot, or stop

Bernard Stamm grimpe en tête de mât por VendeeGlobeTV

Last edited by PCP; 12-05-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook