SailNet Community - View Single Post - new trick for removing head hoses!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: new trick for removing head hoses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Hey if its too difficult to disconnect them, use the hacksaw/ dremel method and cut them ( put the baggies with rubber bands on the ends I mentioned before ) and the just place these smooth PVC valve connectors or find smooth pvc between the hoses to rejoin them. It may be easier and less messy to do it this way oin the long run.

Sch 80 Couplings, Buy Coupling Slip X Slip Pvc Fitting Schedule 80 Online

Ball Valves Slip x Slip, White - PVC Fittings Direct

Personally if I were replacing my holding tank I would have a new tank and replace the sanitary hoses...all of them with Trident 101. That way the hwole system is new and you can forget it for 8 years or so.

Dave

Dave
I know you are right about doing the hoses, but its killing me that I would not be replacing anything right now, if not for this lousy OEM ss tank.

On the other hand, beyond the expense, what I would need to dismantle to replace everything would be monumental.

Thanks for the parts suggestions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook