SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Jeanneau 57

Not a new boat, It was released in 2009. Why post about it? Well do you know of any boat with more than 55ft that in the last 3 years have sold more than 100 boats? Its that is truly amazing in these years of crisis and that means something. Contrary to what many people think sailors chose the right boats to buy, the ones that go with their sailing program/money almost always if not always a best seller is a great boat for what was designed for. This one is no exception.

This is a Philip Briand (Hull) and Garroni (interior) design, and a very good one, that is built by Jeanneau at a very competitive price, not to say low because it seems a bit ridiculous to talk about low when we are talking about a bit less than half a million of Euros. Go and see what you would buy with that on Halberg Rassy or XC yachts and you will be surprised about the difference in size. The quality is also good, better than in smaller Jeanneau.

I like the boat a lot, regarding conception and interior design. This boat has a very modern hull/Keel/ruder and even what regards B/D (31%) it has one that in a boat with this size and weight (21 450kg) is more than adequate.

I also like the interior and that garage with winch and all that is needed to put a dingy of considerable size inside without any effort. It is a fast boat too.

The only think I don't like in the overall design is the transom design that looks a bit voluminous. I understand that there the design is complicated by the needs of the garage and also in what regards the height needed by that master aft room, but even so I think they could have done better.

Have a look:

Last edited by PCP; 12-05-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook