SailNet Community - View Single Post - Crew wanted-New Bern, NC to Kemah, TX
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012

Stingray is on a distinguished road
Crew wanted-New Bern, NC to Kemah, TX

Hey guys. I have been put in a situation here and hope someone can help me out. I bought a boat in New Bern, NC and have to get it back here to Texas ASAP. I was set up with a captain who does deliveries through my best friend's wife since he's her uncle and he was going to give me a great deal and all was good. He was insistent that I have an enclosure built so I set that up to be done by Thanksgiving so we could leave and be back by mid December. As is known to happen, it did not materialize by Thanksgiving. Now we've pushed up against his deadline to be back and he can no longer go until after the first of the year. I'm worried about it getting too cold and the weather getting too bad in January and would like to get it back before then. I have a '78 Sailcraft Comanche catamaran with a decent sail inventory, new cockpit enclosure, fresh bottom job, and mostly new running rigging. My experience level is low and I was hoping to learn from the trip as well as getting the boat back here. My nephew can come as long as we leave first part of next week so we'd have an extra set of hands but he also has limited sailing experience, though he is an Eagle Scout. I can pay for travel expenses and food and maybe a little extra for the right person. Write me through here with any more questions or text/call on my cell. nine-three-six-520-3810. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000321 (1).jpg (33.5 KB, 41 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook