SailNet Community - View Single Post - Starrett-Jenks Morgan45 info-opinions
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012
ex-Navy

bloodhunter is on a distinguished road
Re: Starrett-Jenks Morgan45 info-opinions

judym,
My spare jib halyard is on the same level as the primary jib halyard (double block). However a PO (enchantress had two) had a spinnaker halyard put in above the jib halyards. you might consider that in time.
The mattresses were bought by the most recent previous owner. Will check to see if they have a makers label on them. They lived on the boat in the Caribbean and wanted their comfort. Don't even want to think of what they cost.
We bought Enchantress in Antigua and sailed her back to the Chesapeake. I can say from experience that you will get a really smooth ride when you have Juju up at hull speed. The first time we took her out we had a bit more wind than we expected and ended up sailing with the rail down but even then there was a tremendous feeling of stability as Enchantress cut through the water at 11 kts. Even in the stream where you tend to get thrown about the ride was confortable if a little wet. In addition the long full keel gives you a lot more directional stability especially when you're off the wind. Not near as squirrelly as my previous fin keel boat. Can't say how it would be in really heavy weather (and not anxious to find out). But in winds up 25 kts you should get a really good ride.