SailNet Community - View Single Post - Top 10 Sailboats Easiest & Best to Single Hand
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012

Diceman is on a distinguished road
Re: Top 10 Sailboats Easiest & Best to Single Hand

Thanks Stumble & RonRelyea MarkofSeaLife

MarkofSeaLife- Your right I should not have put the 10 in the post. Just should have said "What boat do you think would work the best for---".

I have thought about staying in the 32 to 34 foot range. I do like the roominess of the Morgan 382. Draft I'm sure is a issue to be concerned about. I have a wife that will be going most of the time but not helping much in the sailing department except at the helm a little.
I did take some lengthily sail lessons out of Maryland (not the 4 day deal) Up and including ASA 105 over the past two years and spend some time on Chesapeake Bay 30 to 46 foot boats. This by any means does not classify me as a sailor. Far from it. If I had not spent the money and taken the time to try to learn the right way to go at sailing I would have found my self in big trouble. Not to say I will not encounter lots of problems just that I will be better prepared for them now.
My asking for suggestion's on a boat came along because there are so many boat's to choose for sailing. All have a job to do just that some do a better job then others at a certain thing. I thought this site with it's long list of season sailors could offer some great advise on what boat's would work best. No need to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks
Diceman
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook