SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Guess that are not only in pleasure boats that Europe has a different policy in what regards inspections. Here, and in all EC, cars have mandatory inspections regarding safety on the road.

If I remember right, a new car does not have inspections for 3 of four years, after that it has a mandatory inspection every year. a inspection is not expensive, 25 euros or so and it takes only half an hour. It is made on local inspection centers that are certified for that, very well equipped and everything is inspected in several complicated machines: Brakes, suspension, direction, structure, rust, lights, emissions, tires and some more things I have probably forget. If the car fails in anything you have a given period of time to fix it, otherwise the car will not get a licence to circulate.

If the police get's you on the road with a car without a valid inspection title you pay a huge fine and you have a time for getting it approved on a inspection other wise the car will be put out of service.

With boats it is much the same thing, except that it is less industrialized, I mean, the inspection.

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook