SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
Realize that, but both the below deck and the sailing video show the ship in my opinion very poor condition. I have sailed on sqaure riggers and have climbed square rigger mast to furl and unfurl sails. I would be very nervous climbing the mast of the Bounty in the condition it is shown in the video.

The below deck video shows the ship to be a mess. Look at the engine room, parts all over the place, parts are loose and can be tossed around. Tools boxes with loose lids. The engine room looks like a fire hazard. Even the nav station looks to be a mess.
I had saw the movie in HD and understood what you mean. In fact there are ropes that have seen better days and should have been changed. Regarding the machine room, well, I had already suspected that by those photos that were posted. Yes, even if the guy with the Camera is pointing all around the global picture is very poor. Pity that he does not show with detail the electric installation and pumps, but given the global picture and the photos I have seen, that boat would not have passed in any serious inspection.

I guess that it was that part and not the hull or the structure that was in worse shape. It was not by accident that the guy from the shipyard says that the boat was sound (the hull, structure and rig) but says that he had not done any revision in what regards the engines or generators.

I was also impressed by the fact that with relatively stormy weather the guys and girls up on the rig doesn't seem to know what they are doing, with the exception of an older guy that alone have done more than all the other put together. I guess that with that weather the ones up there should have been the more able crewmen that were available so...I was really impressed with the quality,experience and efficiency of their most able crewmen

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook