SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012

Brewgyver is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I don't understand your point. On top of the image it is said that those statistics refers to two different frequencies. How difficult it is two see that the two colors represent the two different frequencies? the larger percentage is at sea and as you can see regarding the number of people saved that percentage is even more significant. The black graphic regards nunber of people saved and since not only the percentage of sea rescues is bigger as it is much bigger the percentage of saved people I don't understand how can you say that the black graphic means nothing.
Paulo, I'm going to say it ONE more time. Without defining exactly how this BUSINESS defines the terms used in the graphics you posted, they are of little probative value.

The graphic uses the word "rescue" but we don't know what circumstances they are using to qualify an "SAR Event" as a rescue. Hell, we don't even know what circumstances constitute an "SAR Event". It is quite possible, even LIKELY, that they are counting every activation of a transmitter as an "SAR Event."

Now we can add to that issue the fact that you have actually CHANGED the words used. You used the word "saved" many times. The graphic doesn't use that word. "Save" has very specific implications.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook