SailNet Community - View Single Post - The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!

The relative humidity at Marathon seems to be climbing daily, and last night it was really high. I have been increasingly worried about keeping my music gear in a climate controlled environment, plus getting it off the boat to take to the various venues. Conseqently, I decided to move the boat from the mooring ball to the city marina this afternoon - which was a smart move. Within three hours the boat's cabin dried out completely with the assistance of the air conditioner. Should make sleeping a lot easier as well.

I'm still in the process of checking out the competition for music jobs, which is a fun experience in itself. It's kinda' neat to hit the Tiki Bars one at a time and watch the entertainers, most of which are fair to mediocre at best. Somewhat like a "Have Guitar - Will Travel" kind of deal.

I'll likely stay here until late January or early February, then head south to Key West for a while, maybe meet up with Captain Aaron and his dad. Need a long day or two to get there, and of course, some good winds/weather. Talked with the local sherif's deputy this evening and he said February here can be pretty nasty, cold and windy. You just never know.

Cheers,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook