SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bright work buffer
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Bright work buffer

Winter project. I've decided to go Obsessive Compulsive with my teak cockpit table. I usually just top coat it on the boat in the spring. This winter, I've brought it home to strip and redo. I haven't decided whether to redo with Epifanes varnish or the Bristol Finish that is on it now. The BF, being under the bimini, looks excellent and is much faster to lay multiple coats. But I only have about a pint and a half left and it seems they may be out of business.

This time, I'm going to wet sand the rebuilt finish and then buff it out with 3M Imperial and Finess-it.

I went out and bought a cheap $30 buffer and knew as soon as it came out of the box that it is going back. I'm looking at others and prices are from $100 to $300. I want a good professional tool. Any suggestions? Prefer electric, not pneumatic.

I have an old orbital sander, but could use a better one there as well. Although, what I have will get the stripping done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook