SailNet Community - View Single Post - Catalina model specification guide?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012
sunfish?junior?

Lou452 is on a distinguished road
Re: Catalina model specification guide?

I think you are wize and happy not to buy this one. Value is relative but researching the market to see what others think is a good scale to use. I am happy with my C-22 $3000 a 1974 that seems to be in nice shape. Agian it is not what you pay but how much you will enjoy. It is hard to put a price tag on fun. You can rent a movie for a dollar or go see a show for a lot more. When you are finished you have nothing in you hand to sell. The fun or joy is not related to the dollars. Some buy new boats with a value that sinks as fast as the Titanic. Others drag one out of the bone yard and spend years and tons of money. You will find the one that you like . Take your time. Spend time on finding out what year and condition fits you. In my opinion you kind of have three C-22 The early years low free board might be a little faster with less room the middle years and the new ones The new ones have less wood and lower up keep. The way a boat has been treated means more than what year it is. Enjoy your shearch let us share your joy when you find the right boat. I hope its a Catalina - 22 any boat with a sail is beautiful Regards, Lou
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook