SailNet Community - View Single Post - methods of recovering a morgan 25 1967
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012

blissfull is on a distinguished road
methods of recovering a morgan 25 1967

I have taken ownership of a 1967 morgan 25 with an interesting hitch. The boat is on its starboard side in a sideyard pointed downhill on slight incline(3/12) under cable lines(moveable) and a power line about 7 feet above the hatch but directly above the cockpit.
A tree company will lift the boat with a crane after it is out from under the power line so Either dragging with a strong mooring bolt and tow straps wrapping around the stern; both attached to a truck and as many hands as possible pushing. My concerns with are with the pressure points(mooring bolt, deck edge) and will they distribute evenly enough not to harm the boat.
Or
Two 2x12x12 beams cut to the concave of the two lowest accessible points fore and aft allowing room for a jack and blocks on both sides. Some padding on the cut and jack it high enough for a flat trailer to pull under. I like this method but i would like to make these beams one time with the boat upright for future ease on and off a trailer.
Will righting the boat by strapping perpendicular to a blocked keel, attaching to a truck, and pulling until level and secured with jackstands create too much pressure on the decking edge bolts and glass?
Any experience or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Drew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook