SailNet Community - View Single Post - Salon cushion redo
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: Salon cushion redo

Thanks... the material I used was Royal navy cotton duck... just like sunbrella fabric only not waterproof but much softer and much cheaper ($7.00/yd compared to $21/yd for sunbrella)... you can buy this material at any fabric store... the foam was bought there as well only it was a little more expensive than what could have been bought at Walmart... it took me about two weeks to put everything together (most of the time was spent having the foam in sterilization to kill any mold spores and make them like new after wash and dry) ... they came out great and clean smelling!

Faster... your salon looks great... although looking at your cushions they don't have many curves and look square, mine had many curves and angles... was a bear but they turned out great... +1 on the velcro.... makes them easy to work with and they'll last forever... they are also adjustable to remove wrinkles in the fabric... my cushions are very tight without looseness or wrinkles. Everyone comments on how great they look!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook