View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012
GennyWinch

dsullyec1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1
Re: Salon cushion redo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Dsully... my wife is an accomplished seamstress and quilter with excellent equipment and she chose not to do this herself.. but that's her.. I think the scale of the project and our living in a condo were factors.

The microfleece was recommended precisely because spills clean up easily without staining if you get on it right away. The cushions are nearly 8 years old now.
This pic when they were recent:

This pic was taken a week or so back..

Thanks for posting pics of your salon. It really is lovely inside. What kind of boat do you have? I love the blue material you chose. It's so pretty with the wood inside. Your boat appears to be in very good condition. The boat we're buying is older (a 1983 S2-11C) and the salon is fairly dark inside, so we decided to go with white to lighten up the space. Well, it's good to know that your wife decided to go with a seamstress to do this work...that makes me think probably I should go that route as well. Especially since I'm NOT real talented at sewing. I can pretty much do anything I set my mind to do, but don't know if it's worth the hassle this time. I want it to look good, too, and it may not if I do it. Thanks again for the pics. I enjoyed looking.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook