SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vendee Globe

And here they are, at slow motion near that gate. Stamm is leading and making 2.6K while François is making 2.6k and jean-Pierre 4.1k and they will have a hell of 24 hours fighting to get a bit more speed on variable and weak winds. They have to cross the gate and then will dive South looking for wind but after passing the gate things are not going to be much better for many hours.

While they are in hell, Armel got out of it and is making 13.4k. Very soon will be doing a lot more. I think he was the one that played better but we will only know for sure in 24 hours. If so it will be a notable navigation feet. He was the only one to chose that option while the other four had chosen the other one.

Talking about four, Alex had played very well and its timing to the gate is better than the one from the others that had choose that option. That had been translated in a massive recovering one that is going to continue on the next yours. I think he is going to end up not very far from Jean-Pierre.

To give an idea, since the moment he dived South some days back he won 80Nm to the leader. I have said I did not understood what he was doing diving so much to the South. Now I understand and I have to say: Chapeau Alex

Vendée Globe 2012-2013 - Tracking

Yes, Alex is the man of the day, look at him charging at 25K

Alex Thomson at 25 knots / à 25 noeuds por VendeeGlobeTV

Day 28 highlights - Friday, December 7, 2012 por VendeeGlobeTV

A small note to the three guys on the second group, Jean, Dominique and Mike, they are at about 570Nm from the leader but in two days they will have recovered a lot: They will have not that high center over the gate. For them it would be always at full blast. We will see how much they will recover but should be on the order of hundreds of miles.

Last edited by PCP; 12-07-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook