SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vendee globe

Yes, I was tight and Armel is the big winner. Chapeau to him that had the courage to take alone the less obvious way to the gate (in what regards wind) and is now at speed (16.3K) with an open road ahead (and an even faster one) while the other three of the leader pack will have to wait more 6 hours to gain a comparable speed. Some of then are doing only 4/5k speed. Armel is already leading and will increase is advance big time on the next hours.

Chapeau also to Mike that has impressed me even more than Armel on this game and is now a member of the leading group.

As I have said the 3 ones on the second group were winning big time to everybody.On the last 24 hours they reduced their disadvantage to the leader in about 240Nm and even if they are not winning now over Armel they will continue to win big time over the leader pack on the next 10 hours or so.

It was mostly luck but even so, chapeau to Mike, Dominique and Jean. Luck is part of the story, but great sailing too, and those three are together on that particular race for a long time

Particularly this two (jean and Dominique) seam to have decided to go ensemble. That is the second time in two days that they are very close:

Jean et Dominique : toujours ensemble por VendeeGlobeTV

The highlights of the 4th week of racing:

Week 4 Highlights of the 2012-2013 Vendée Globe por VendeeGlobeTV
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook