SailNet Community - View Single Post - The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: The ICW - Single Handed - Well, Almost!

Just got a telephone call from a sailing buddy in Maryland. He's out on Chesapeake Bay near Havre de Grace, Maryland, not much wind, but Peter and his friend, Crazy Greg, have lots of rum onboard, which is currently being consumed in relatively large quantities while they contemplate whether or not they'll be run over by a barge or freighter. They're in a dense fog, can't see more than 50 yards at best, but they claim they're going to enjoy the day - even if it kills them!

Here, in beautiful Marathon, Florida, the weather is warm, very humid, and there has been scattered showers for nearly 4 days now. Tonight is the Christmas Parade of Boats, followed by festivities at every waterside location in Marathon's Boot Key Harbor. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate long enough to allow me to perform at Sombrero Resort's Tiki Bar this evening.

My Polish friend, Peter, and his Russian friend, Crazy Greg will likely show up here in early January and we'll stock the bar and fridge, then head west for Key West, The Marquesses, and the Dry Tortugas. About a week or so round trip if the weather cooperates. Hope to visit with Captain Aaron during the same trip and get some tips from him about sailing across Rebecca Shoals.

Another fun day in Paradise,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook