SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Vendee Globe

And yes, Alex got it right again and overtook Stamm

Alex Thomson's race highlights - Week 4 por VendeeGlobeTV

Brilliant race for him and Armel that continues to win on everybody. Fact is that there are now 5 on the top group. Stamm the last on that group is at only 135Nm from the Leader. Incredible race with huge strategic play

Drag race again!!!

Alex Thomson (GBR, HUGO BOSS, taped):
It was a bit of a slow night, I was expecting everything else, but now the wind has gone a bit more than forecast and it is quite fast, it is round to the right direction so that is good news. I now have a little more wind than expected. I think now it is a drag race from here, with the wind at about 230-240 degrees and blowing maybe 24-25kts for the next couple of days and we will all pretty much be reaching east to the next ice gate, it is just a straight line for us. The guys who are in the south will have the wind a bit more left and we have it a bit more forward.

Armel Le Cléac’h (FRA, Banque Populaire):
The choice I made paid off, but the gap with François isn’t that big, it’s still very close. I’m focused on the Amsterdam gate now, that’s the next step. The wind was pretty strong this morning, and it’s still quite favourable. The sea is rough and there’s an albatross following the boat.

and that's why Stamm is losing time: problems on the main sail and the need to repair.

Bricolage sur Cheminées Poujoulat por VendeeGlobeTV

Last edited by PCP; 12-09-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook