SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
............ seems like your're a new user and your username indicates perhaps you may be a little too close to this event emotionally.

This is a good observation and it would probably help this discussion if Bountydaughter would clarify her relationship/interest in the Bounty scenario.

Hopefully she's clear on the source of the letter referred to earlier.. it was not the work of any Sailnet member, but in fact an acquaintance of the skipper..
That may be correct and I also thought so.

This is a quick and easy way to possibly dismiss someones opinion which they have a right to and carries just as much validity as anyone elses. Why i understand the logic it can be flawed and to dismiss out of hand an opinoin because they had a close realtionship to the crew without investigating is dismissive. It means you cannot have an opinion which is relevant or correct which is not so. It was the primary reason I did not disclose my relationship to the Captain as many would just pooh pooh my opinions as because I was knew him.

Thats like saying we shoulkd dismiss Minniewaska opinions about an airplane crash because he is a pilot and knew the pilot and we know he will side with the pilot to the death and cant be objective. ( Sorry to use you as an example)

If the opinions are STRICTLY emotional and not centered in some kind of logic or reality, that is a good reason to question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook