SailNet Community - View Single Post - docking alone
Thread: docking alone
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: docking alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Yes I was taught the same way. Our first spring line is then our midship static ( it can go forward or rearward as it is on a puiling in the middle of the boat) spring line then correct?....
If I understood you correctly, this line is essentially straight out from the boat from the mid-ship cleat. You can move only slightly for or aft of it, like a bow or stern line. If so, the only disadvantage is that you can't put it on until you are almost exactly where you belong in the slip and must be pretty close the first try (you must be good!). The method I posted above allow you to get it started when half way in and the extra length would still allow you get it over the cleat, if a couple of feet off the dock, and it will automatically pivot you toward the dock when it fully extends. You have to leave the transmission in gear to hold you on the dock.

No right or wrong way, as long as we all get settled and the ritas are cold.

Quote:
I laughed when you told how you tell you guests that you need to see so sit down. I used to do that and one of them lept forward out of the cockpit and stumbled up to the bow to get out of my line of sight as I just shook my head is disbeleif.
I'm going to have to keep an eye out for that now. We should start a thread on unbelievable guest moves.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook