SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marine Toilet (good, bad, and ugly)
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Marine Toilet (good, bad, and ugly)

What is it about composting head users that make you guys become poop disposal missionaries?

It's not that I don't understand the pros of a composting head, but they're not quite as good as declared. For starters, regular flush heads do not need to smell. They only smell, if used incorrectly.

It is not true the composting heads "never" have odor. A damp garden odor is not uncommon, when you open the lid. Also, users can manage them incorrectly, just like a flush head and screw it up.

Second, guests would have zero inherent understanding of what to do. Then, fail to compost properly and you will have odor.

Third, many would find it disgusting to pee and poop on top of the last occupant's product.

They're not for me, but I'm certainly not opposed. There must be some kind of eco-satisfaction that is driving the irrational support. But I really don't get why your decomposed poop, buried in a landfill, is superior to mine emptied in the ocean along with every other creature that lives there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook