SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012

JulieMor is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

This is the list of survivors:
  • Daniel Cleveland, 25
  • John Svendsen, 41
  • Matthew Sanders, 37
  • Adam Prokosh, 27
  • Douglas Faunt, 66
  • John Jones, 29
  • Drew Salapatek, 29
  • Joshua Scornavacchi, 25
  • Anna Sprague, 20
  • Mark Warner, 33
  • Christopher Barksdale, 56
  • Laura Groves, 28
  • Jessica Hewitt, 25
  • Jessica Black, 34

The names in red were in the WC doc. The names in blue, plus Faunt and Scornavacchi, spoke in the ABC interview. Here's what they said in the ABC interview relating to the incident:

Laura Groves describing what it was like being in the storm: "washing machine, in an earthquake, going down a slide"

Douglas Faunt: The weather was so bad. We had so little control.

John Svendsen: It took every ounce of my strength to focus through, to survive. We had to determine a safe time when we knew that the ship would still be stable, that we could get get everyone on deck and change our focus from saving the ship to saving every life.

Daniel Cleveland: I've been through two other hurricanes with Robin on The Bounty. The ship was in great shape. We were literally going to be getting up and launching the liferafts and she went over.

John Svendsen: (in reference to the survival suits and strobes Walbridge had for the crew) I give my life to Robin, to the ingenuity, to his leadership, that I'm here today.

Svendsen was the only surviving crew member who never made it to a life raft. He was pulled directly from the sea by the CG.

Douglas Faunt: about Claudene Christian, She was having the most fun ever on the best ride ever. She was so happy.

As the crew speaks more, we will know more. Maybe they are already doing so in social media?

Last edited by JulieMor; 12-09-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook