SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
so you take this boasting and bragging for TV and effect to be serious. He also said he sailed in 70 ft seas.....hmmm not likely
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Highly doubtful, highly speculative, and really doesnt mean anything
I disagree with you, Chef.

I think he was a bullsh!t artist who began to believe his own bull and was caught out by his own bullsh!t once too often.

I think after bragging that he could handle 70 foot seas in a million knot winds then when confronted with a real hurricane he had to put up or shut up. He saw what he thought was a 40 knot extra tropical storm and thought he could better predict it than NOAA. So he slipped on his sash of courage, cojoled the crew to follow him and leapt out to sea. At sea he didnt even try to go south east but he went south trying to outwit a storm carefully predicted by NOAA. Then when he realized his mistake he baulked and turned South West into certain doom and committed suicide on ordering abandon ship because he knew he would, rightly, be vilified if he survived.

I know he was your friend, so I won't ask you to agree with me, and I don't think investigations will have the guts to agree with me, but that's what I think has happened. Aiding and abetting his bullsh!t was the woeful way he kept his ships engineering.

If I am right it is a terrible disaster, but not the worst of the year... Concordia killed over 30 people while the captain was screwing some ballerina.

All I can say is the audacity of the so called "professionals" compare to us so called "amatures" sux. We sail-boat cruisers sometimes know vastly better!

Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MarkofSeaLife; 12-09-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook