SailNet Community - View Single Post - Contest/Game - Identify this picture
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012

Zanshin is on a distinguished road
Re: Contest/Game - Identify this picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallard View Post
White House Bay, St. Kitts. It's obscured in the GE view, but I was able to identify from a Panoramio photo uploaded by Zanshin, no less!
Fallard has it - I'd forgotten about the Panoramio pictures!

The sunken cannon is indeed under the blue-hulled old "Zanshin", the neighbouring ketch is a befriended boat and soon afterwards the cat belonging to Chris Doyle was there. The dredging work is a major project to turn the salt marsh into a mega-resort - but the work has been stretching on for a long time with no end in sight.

The UNESCO World Heritage site is toward the other end of the island, the grand Fort at Brimstone Hill (see Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park - UNESCO World Heritage Centre) and I've got some nice pictures of the Fort on my blog at Winter 2010-2011 Blog and Diary 2011-02-05

White House Bay is a protected anchorage, unlike the main one off Basseterre just a couple of miles to the north. I was there a week waiting for some heavy weather to pass, since my companion Ketch wanted to wait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook