Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...
After all is said and done...I still say to just follow the money.
1. The boat was built as a movie prop to be burned at the end of the filming.
2. Brando did not want it burned even though I suppose that he read the ****** before taking the part. Not sure as to when he voiced his objection.
3. For X years it set at a dock as a tourist attraction until Ted Turner aquired it when he bought the movie rights to many of MGM films. When he learned that he had the Bounty he told his accountants to get rid of it and donated it to Y
4. Y may have sold it to Z etc etc but during this period it was being "updated" to take volunteers out for sailing adventures
5. How many times has it been up for sale during this period? It was up for sale when it met its demise off of Hatterous. Look at the Insurance situation all during its life...it's maintenance/operating costs and retro fit costs....its income stream and who or what last owned it
Just follow the money..