SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
You going to PROVE your relationship and fill us in on this special knowledge of Walbridge?

Post some pictures of the two of you sailing together and maybe some excerpts from your many e-mails where you learned what type of captain he really was. How else can we know what you are talking about? Something that shows how his charecter was always to put his crew first even if it meant he had to sacrifice his own ego or goals. How about a copy of his safety manual with his persoanl handwritten notes?

Because until you do, and fully apprise us what specific knowledge you have of him that contradicts what everyone else is writing - it means absolutely nothing. This is the internet after all. I mean we all know people. I know Morgan Fairchild. In fact I'm married to her.

As for what they believe, thats their business - I am noting a real lack of details, a real lack of coherence and continuity in all the various accounts. Some of that I can attribute to beleif or whatever, some of that i can attribute to sloppy journalism, but even accounting for that - I still hear in their statements a vague evasive disingenuous tone. This is my opinion. Nothing more.

Also Dave,buddy, your hostility is showing again.
Is true that Dave is many times hostile without a reason to be, or at least I see it that way, but I don't like your post.

Why should you or anybody doubt that Dave knew Bounty's Captain?

Unless you know for sure that it is not true what leads you to doubt his word on that?

That fact that he knew it or not as not any relevance to what we are discussing except that makes more comprehensible his attitude on this discussion. After all all the crew and Bounty people regarded him as a great Captain and a great guy. They also thought it was OK to sail hurricanes with the Bounty and used to say that the Bounty loved hurricanes.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 12-10-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook