SailNet Community - View Single Post - Marine Toilet (good, bad, and ugly)
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Marine Toilet (good, bad, and ugly)

No 90 days isn't magical but it is typical if everything is under control.

On the other hand, every time you use your head, you've just reset the counter fromj "composting" to "raw sewage" and that typically means every day, your composting head becomes a cedar bucket, with raw sewage in it regardless of how long it has gone since the last time you emptied it.

There ARE definitions and standards for composting systems, and nothing in maine use meets them, simply because it is getting fresh raw sewage every day with no provision to separate out, age out, handle the older material in a way that produces COMPOST in the normal use of the system.

Hey, I use the pot and don't flush it, look my feces is COMPOSTING too. Does that mean I have a composting head as long as I disconnect the pump?

It may be better than a tank full of liquid sewage, that's not the point. It isn't what the sellers call it, and those of us who are blunt call that simple sales fraud, not just "puffery" or license.

If they can't be honest about what they are and aren't selling, and they try to trick in greenies who think they'll have nice compost piles...did I mention, some of us call that fraud?

Don't need that for an honest product that works as advertised and intended.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook