SailNet Community - View Single Post - Southern Cross 28 seaworthiness vs Morgan 33
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012
Blue water Wannabe

andersbro is on a distinguished road
Re: Southern Cross 28 seaworthiness vs Morgan 33

Ya - Donna also has a great website describing what she had to do to her SC28 to get it us to the task, and it seemed to me that it was a LOT of work! (I mean fun) I am not sure if the required efforts were a result of the boat needing lots of TLC, or whether they were beefing up sort of upgrades to handle the knock downs, heavy seas, etc. The thing is, the $$! I figure it will take me about $10K-$15K to get the SC28 ready (new-resewn used sails, new SS rigging, new chainplates, a few refits below deck and a bit above deck as well. I would probably forgo the new engine), and yet only maybe $5K ("just" cabinetry below decks)to get the Morgan33 going. Being as the Morgan is much bigger in the cabin, and is faster (so where am I going so fast???) it may be preferable? I just sent an email to Charley Morgan, but I don't know why he should answer such a newbie as I, but heck it is worth the try! Again, Thanks for any thoughts. Anders
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook