SailNet Community - View Single Post - Southern Cross 28 seaworthiness vs Morgan 33
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 12-10-2012 Thread Starter
Blue water Wannabe
Re: Southern Cross 28 seaworthiness vs Morgan 33

Ya - Donna also has a great website describing what she had to do to her SC28 to get it us to the task, and it seemed to me that it was a LOT of work! (I mean fun) I am not sure if the required efforts were a result of the boat needing lots of TLC, or whether they were beefing up sort of upgrades to handle the knock downs, heavy seas, etc. The thing is, the $$! I figure it will take me about $10K-$15K to get the SC28 ready (new-resewn used sails, new SS rigging, new chainplates, a few refits below deck and a bit above deck as well. I would probably forgo the new engine), and yet only maybe $5K ("just" cabinetry below decks)to get the Morgan33 going. Being as the Morgan is much bigger in the cabin, and is faster (so where am I going so fast???) it may be preferable? I just sent an email to Charley Morgan, but I don't know why he should answer such a newbie as I, but heck it is worth the try! Again, Thanks for any thoughts. Anders
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome