SailNet Community - View Single Post - docking alone
Thread: docking alone
View Single Post
post #36 of Old 12-10-2012
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: docking alone

Sounds like my mom. She is 85 now, buty in the day in her 60s she could stil,l drive a car with a clutch although her enormous Buick Esate Wagon ( boat) had automatic. My dad had a Porshe 911 and one of those old Trans Ams with the Big Red Bird on the Hood. My mom burned out 3 clutches in 4 years taking the Trans Am once in a while. What we didnt know is she couldnt put the car in gear with the clutch in reverse so she always parked in a parking lot was away from everyone so she wouldnt have to reverse this 450 hp monster car. I got a call on day to pick her up as someone had parked in front of her and she was aprked in. When I got there thats what happened she was on the out reaches of an empty parking lot with a VW bug parked in front of her and no one else within 200 yards. Reverse to my mom in this car and on our sailboat was another curse word

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome