SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for advice on Genoa Tracks & Cars
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Gary,

When we were deciding what blocks, tracks, and hardware I needed for my boat, I decided to do use the best material of both manufacturers, that is I chose what best suited my needs.

Previously, on a previous boat I had problems with Harken clutches (chewed the ropes), with the winches, that were not up to what we had expected (note that size was correct and Lewmar did the job), and had some expensive damage inside, and with their racing tracks and cars.

So I went Lewmar with the tracks and cars, winches, and clutches.

For the critical pulleys, mast footblocks, etc. I used Harken Carbo or black magic, because I needed to reduce friction and they're the best.

For less critical and wear and tear material I chose Lewmar.

In your case, you are not going to race, so I would go with Lewmar, only because it's cheaper.

At the end of the day, for what you need, its best.

Also, Harken in europe, hmmmm very rude people, too.

I ended up with my boat half grey colored stuff (Lewmar) and half black stuff (harken).

By the way, Harken mast footblocks are THE BEST !!! mine are carbon blocks, realy help the hoisting etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (61.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (51.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (47.3 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Giulietta; 12-08-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook