SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alternatives to Sailrite?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012
Canuck Sailor

canucksailorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailorguy
Re: Alternatives to Sailrite?

@ smurphny and Brent - ok, let's take the discussion in that direction since you two know what you're talking about...let's say I find a lightly used mainsail that is too big. What dimension - luff, foot or leech is the easiest to correct? Would I be right in presuming you take the material from the head, and square it off, rather than mess with the foot? How much bigger can the sail actually be? I'm dealing with a luff of 38.25, foot of 11.5 and a leech of 39.7 in 7 oz Dacron. I could go a few inches shorter on the luff without a lot of problem I think, just raise the boom to compensate.
What about reef points?
And - that $250 sail - I've seen nothing comparable to that deal - the Bacons et al out there don't give those prices, so who am I not checking out that I should be? You can pm me that info ir you'd prefer, lol....
Also - I have available if I want it a very nice sail that is too small - luff 33'5", leech 38'6.5", foot 12'8.5", so it's too short in height, too long in the foot. Is that doable? I would have to add 4.75 feet to the foot, and cut the foot back 1' 2.5" in length, so a cut right up the leech to get that right. That doesn't sound real easy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cuba - Forbidden Paradise
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook