SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dodger Sticker Shock!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: Dodger Sticker Shock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser2B View Post
$7300 :l augher
Is there a smiley with a middle finger high in the air! If so insert here!

These people have lost their mind!
Thank you for that! My point, and that of the OP, is that this stuff is pricy!

My money, my decision... There is a reason that an BMW costs more than a Hyundai.

I decided that the dodger NEEDED to be replaced, and that a Bimini would greatly enhance my sailing time. I decided to go with a highly-recommended pro, and not a hacker. I expect that the appearance of the finished product will add to the value of my vessel, and will make the financial sacrifice for a quality product. The dodger and Bimini on my vessel are not components that I wish to compromise.

I will post a write-up, with pictures, when the finished product is ready. You can decide. You can see the turd (above) that I just threw away.

I won't tell you what the estimate for the interior cushions was. That might kill you. I will tell you that it was a good deal more than the dodger and bimini. I also decided that I could live w/ out redoing the interior.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Getting back onto the water after undergoing knee surgery.

Last edited by eherlihy; 12-10-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook