SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dodger Sticker Shock!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012

Cruiser2B is on a distinguished road
Re: Dodger Sticker Shock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eherlihy View Post
Thank you for that! My point, and that of the OP, is that this stuff is pricy!

My money, my decision... There is a reason that an BMW costs more than a Hyundai.

I decided that the dodger NEEDED to be replaced, and that a Bimini would greatly enhance my sailing time. I decided to go with a highly-recommended pro, and not a hacker. I expect that the appearance of the finished product will add to the value of my vessel, and will make the financial sacrifice for a quality product. The dodger and Bimini on my vessel are not components that I wish to compromise.

I will post a write-up, with pictures, when the finished product is ready. You can decide. You can see the turd (above) that I just threw away.

I won't tell you what the estimate for the interior cushions was. That might kill you. I will tell you that it was a good deal more than the dodger and bimini. I also decided that I could live w/ out redoing the interior.
did not mean to insult you, $7300 is a lot of money......to me. Amazed that there are people out there that can charge these prices.... and sleep at night...my guess is that he or she will sleep quite well. hope it turns out well. 5-6000 is a ton of labor! I hope you get 60-70 hours out of them at minimum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My two lovely ladies!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook